Position Title: Project Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Status: Full-Time, Salaried
The Project Engineer works with the Engineering Manager to provide engineering service and support for all departments in the organization, including Sales and Estimating, Marketing, Production and Project Management, in addition to those projects initiated within the Engineering department.
- Manage all aspects of implementing the timely launch of new products by assuring the BOM is complete, part numbers are defined and made available to the Estimating, Purchasing and Project Management Departments; manufacturing formulas are complete, precise and verified; and, prototypes and mock-ups are fabricated to validate the product prior to release for production.
- Manage and maintain current Standard Work Instructions for all products manufactured by St. Cloud Window.
- Supervise testing of products in both laboratory and field to verify performance and maintain a database of all results in a well-organized and current repository for the use of all authorized personnel.
- Assist Sales and Estimating by assessing custom project design requirements, project scope, project performance requirements and determine feasibility prior to the Estimating Department issuing a proposal.
- Support the Project Management Department by determining product design and performance compliance, including coordination of structural considerations and calculations, and determine a schedule for fulfilling engineering requirements within the context of the project plan prior to publication and during execution.
- Provide technical guidance, assess special conditions and resolve performance issues that may arise in the field to Project Management, architectural professionals and St. Cloud Window customers.
- Support the Production Department in the implementation of tooling and fixtures required for custom fabrication of products, new products, and hardware applications, specific to contracts in process.
- Support the Production Department with the implementation of best practices for quality assurance in real time.
- Support the Marketing Department to ensure that product catalogs and other collateral are up to date.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and recommending actions.
- Assist the Engineering Manager as assigned in all aspects of the duties of the Engineering Department.
- Adhere to, and abide by the St. Cloud Window Values Proposition.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, 3D Modeling/Simulation, 3-D printing, MS Project, MS Office Suite, and ERP
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, construction details, and product specifications
- Understands basic calculations for physical structural analysis
- Understands architectural product testing protocols for testing in both laboratory and field conditions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (continued):
- Demonstrated design, research, and analytical skills
- Proficient in technical writing
- Strong collaborative and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to travel for the purpose of assessing special or unusual project conditions, resolving product issues in the field, interviewing new tooling and materials suppliers, and for other purposes. Travel component is approximately 15%, may be on short notice, and is typically overnight for periods of 1-4 nights
Credentials and Experience:
- 4-year Degree in Civil, Mechanical, Structural or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited institution
- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 1 year of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated project leadership experience
- Experience in the architectural, commercial window, and/or commercial construction industries a plus
This application is for: Project Engineer