Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company (HGA Office) Building
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Application: Historic Replication
SCW Model Series: 900 Series Fixed Offset windows
SCW900 Series fixed offset windows were used to replicate the original steel windows and to match historic sight-lines and dimension, which were key factors in receiving historic tax credits.
Built in 1911, the building was home to the Loose-Wiles Biscuit Company (later Sunshine Biscuits) once the second largest manufacturer of crackers in the United States. The building was later the home Littin Paper and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1989 as part of the Minneapolis Warehouse Historic District. It was renovated as the headquarters of architectural firm Hammel Green and Abrahamson (HGA) in 2000 using historic tax credits. The renovation won an Honor Award from the American Institute of Architects Minnesota Chapter.
Project Scope: 297 total windows
Architect: Hammel Green and Abrahamson
General Contractor: Diversified Construction